Invisalign® is changing orthodontic treatment for patients of all ages. Teens and adults hoping to straighten their smiles have a new path forward – and it doesn’t involve metal braces. Invisalign employs a series of clear plastic aligners to gradually shift your teeth into straighter, healthier positions.
Unsure whether you’re an Invisalign candidate, or what treatment might be like for you? Contact our team today to learn more about the procedure.
Top Invisalign® Benefits
- Straighten teeth on your own terms – Get a gorgeous, straight smile without having to follow a long list of restrictions. Remove your aligners when eating or drinking, and continue to enjoy your favorite foods. Receive multiple sets of aligners at each appointment so that you can straighten on your own schedule. Best of all, feel confident smiling and laughing even during orthodontic treatment.
- Stay comfortable – The removable plastic aligners are smooth and comfortable, and won’t rub against your cheeks or gums like metal braces.
- Show off your smile during treatment – Invisalign’s clear aligners don’t cover up your teeth with a mass of wires and metal brackets. You’ll feel comfortable in social situations and won’t feel the need to hide your smile.
- Enjoy easy oral hygiene – Remove your aligners when brushing and flossing for easy access to your teeth and simple maintenance.
Who is an Invisalign candidate?
Invisalign is appropriate for a wide range of concerns. Whether you have gaps between your teeth, an overbite, a crossbite, or another type of malocclusion, an Invisalign consultation will tell you more about whether it’s the appropriate treatment.
Don’t write off Invisalign as impossible for your case until you have received a complimentary consultation. Clear braces have been used to treat many different cases!
What is the Invisalign treatment process like?
- Initial consultation – At your first appointment, your Invisalign provider will tell you more about whether treatment is right for your teeth. Dr. Singh will outline what you can expect from the treatment process, and tell you how long treatment is likely to take. You will also take digital impressions so that your custom aligners can be made.
- Receive sets of aligners – Once your first few sets of aligners are ready, we will dispense these with instructions as to when you should switch to each new set. You will receive several sets at each appointment so that you can continue to progress without needing to visit the office as frequently. If you’re ever unsure as to when you should switch to your next aligners, just give the office a call!
- Wear your aligners 20-22 hours per day – It’s important that you wear your aligners as long as possible each day to keep your progress moving forward on schedule. 20-22 hours per day may sound easy to achieve, but it’s necessary to be vigilant and replace your aligners as soon as possible after eating, drinking or brushing and flossing. Some patients find it useful to set a phone alarm every time they take their aligners out, to help keep them on track.
- Check in with regular appointments – You will have routine appointments so that our team can monitor your progress and provide new sets of aligners.
- Complete your treatment plan – Once you have completed treatment, your teeth will be in their new positions and your planned, straight smile will be complete!
- Wear retainers as instructed to maintain results – We will provide retainers for you to wear at night. This will help ensure that your straight smile lasts.
ITERO DIGITAL IMPRESSIONS – A BETTER INVISALIGN EXPERIENCE
Elite Dental and Denture is proud to provide our patients with digital impressions. We use the iTero® Element™ Intraoral Scanner to simplify the impression taking process, and better cater to our patients.
Digital impressions allow our patients to experience these benefits:
- No putty involved – no concerns about gagging or leftover mess
- Impressions are faster and more accurate for superior results
- Ideal for a wide variety of treatments and restorations, including Invisalign, crowns, bridges, implants and retainers
- Comfortable impression process, with patients able to breathe and swallow normally
- Invisalign patients are also able to see a projected simulation of their smile after treatment!
Your digital impression will provide us with a 3D model that can be used in your Invisalign treatment planning. If you’re interested in learning more about this process, just get in touch with our team.